Social media is an important tool that businesses and professionals can’t ignore for the benefit of their businesses.
One of the ways business owners can utilize social media for their business is using social media for customer service.
As a business owner, most of your customers or prospective customers are online and you can communicate with them easily online; especially on the social media platforms they are on.
There are so many ways you can utilize social media for customer service, and here are some of the ways:
- How-to guides: you can use social media to teach your customers how to use some products or services they got from you. This will be practical, and it will help them get easily adjusted to the products and services they bought from you.
- Tips: another way you can use social media for customer service is to use it to teach your customers tips on different types of the products you produce or the services you offer, that can be of help to them.
- FAQs: you can also use social media to answer some Frequently Asked Questions about your business. For instance, you can dedicate a post or two for frequently asked questions you get online about your products or services, that you can easily answer online for them.
- Maintenance guides: you can also use social media to give your customers maintenance guides on the products they purchase from you. E.g you can show them pictorials on how to wash a kind of fabric (if you are in the fashion industry for instance).
- Sign up forms: you can also use social media to aggregate email addresses of your customers who would like you to send them tips and news from your company via email.
- Comments: you can also respond to questions that your customers or prospective customers from on your social media images.
Benefits of using Social Media for Customer Service
- You get an ability to give your customers real-time customer support.
- You can give your customers interactive support online.
- By answering to queries or questions online, you can also get easy referrals from customers online.
- By using social media for customer support, you can also get the ability to follow-up with questions and comments in real time.
- Customers can also easily reach you online.
- You can get more sales if prospective customers see how good you respond to customer queries and comments online.
- You also get more brand mentions online
- You also get to learn more about your customers; their likes and dislikes, etc.